Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.03% to 6,195.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.03% to 6,290.50
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,259.45 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$76.89 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was, for the third day in a row, Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API). It has gone on a strong run since announce an acquisition and it went up 4.5% today.
Another of today’s top performers was Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT) which gained 3.7% on the back of a rise in the oil price.
At the other end of the share performance table, oOh!Media Ltd (ASX: OML) fell 10% to $4.82 after raising capital at $4.60 for its acquisition.
Another share to fall heavily today was Metcash Limited (ASX: MTS), it dropped by 5.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Australia is about to pass a law to get tough with China
- Bank of Queensland Limited lifts home loan rates in warning shot to property investors
- Australian banks under pressure as US banks suffer 12 straight days of share price falls
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm