Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.21% to 6,197.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.26% to 6,292.10
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,264.36 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.69 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API) again, it went up by 8.3% after announcing an acquisition yesterday. Drug company Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX) also went up 3.6%.
Amaysim Australia Ltd (ASX: AYS) dropped by 1.2% after giving FY18 guidance, investors seem to think that FY18 is a disappointment considering the share price was above $2 before the half-year report and now it’s under $1.
Another share to fall today was Trade Me Group Ltd (ASX: TME), it dropped 3.2% after the CEO announced his intention to step down.
The worst performer in the ASX 200 today was WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC), it dropped 4.8%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- The US Defence Secretary will visit China despite the (trade) war of words
- Miners enjoying the biggest valuation upgrades by Macquarie Group Ltd (ASX:MQG)
- New Energy Solar Ltd (ASX:NEW) chasing more clean energy investments
These Dividend Stocks Could Be Your Next Cash Kings (FREE REPORT)
Motley Fool Australia's Dividend experts recently released a brand-new FREE report revealing 3 dividend stocks with JUICY franked dividends that could keep paying you meaty dividends for years to come.
Our team of investors think these 3 dividend stocks should be a 'must consider' for any savvy dividend investor. But more importantly, could potentially make Australian investors a heap of passive income.
Don't miss out! Simply click the link below to grab your free copy and discover these 3 high conviction stocks now.
Returns As of 6th October 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Up 10% this month: Is the NAB (ASX:NAB) share price a buy? – October 20, 2020 8:05am
- ASX 200 rises 1%, Cimic (ASX:CIM) up 8% on sale – October 19, 2020 4:33pm
- This is where I’d invest $1,000 right now into ASX tech shares – October 19, 2020 11:19am