Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.11% to 6,225.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.17% to 6,322.10
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,266.25 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.91 a barrel
It also wasn’t a good for software logistics business WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC), it fell by 4.2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Don’t forget to declare your cryptocurrency gains in your tax return
- Should you buy these beaten down blue chip shares?
- 3 key risks facing Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (ASX:SYD) investors
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Bravura Solutions Ltd, Hansen Technologies, and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.