Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.03% to 6,102.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.06% to 6,208.90
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,281.20 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.72 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was Vocus Group Limited (ASX: VOC), the telco’s share price is up by 6.5%.
Finally, the share price of Japara Healthcare Ltd (ASX: JHC) declined by 2.8% as worries about the aged care industry’s growth continue to weigh on the share.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- UBS picks the best growth stocks to back for the new financial year
- Why it could be a good time to buy these top dividend shares
- Reckon Limited (ASX: RKN) announces leadership changes
- How I’d invest $10,000 today
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of JAPARA DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Vocus Communications Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Insurance Australia Group Limited, PUSHPAY FPO NZX, and Super Retail Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Pacific Current (ASX:PAC) share price down despite FUM growth of 24% – February 26, 2021 12:31pm
- Pengana (ASX:PCG) share price on watch on 25% growth of HY21 dividend – February 26, 2021 11:00am
- 3 ways A2 Milk (ASX:A2M) is planning a share price recovery – February 26, 2021 8:51am