Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.03% to 6,102.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.06% to 6,208.90
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,281.20 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.72 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was Vocus Group Limited (ASX: VOC), the telco’s share price is up by 6.5%.
Finally, the share price of Japara Healthcare Ltd (ASX: JHC) declined by 2.8% as worries about the aged care industry’s growth continue to weigh on the share.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- UBS picks the best growth stocks to back for the new financial year
- Why it could be a good time to buy these top dividend shares
- Reckon Limited (ASX: RKN) announces leadership changes
- How I’d invest $10,000 today
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of JAPARA DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Vocus Communications Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Insurance Australia Group Limited, PUSHPAY FPO NZX, and Super Retail Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.