Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.17% to 6,104.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.12% to 6,212.80
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,280.15 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.15 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was mining company Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR), it went up by 3.6%.
However, the worst-performer in the ASX200 was lithium miner Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY), it fell by 3.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Gina Rinehart lobs $390 million takeover bid for Atlas Iron Limited (ASX:AGO)
- Australian house prices are still falling
- We’re Hiring!
- Why the Australian dollar is near a 52-week low & could slide further in 2019
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, PUSHPAY FPO NZX, and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.