Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.17% to 6,104.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.12% to 6,212.80
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,280.15 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.15 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was mining company Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR), it went up by 3.6%.
However, the worst-performer in the ASX200 was lithium miner Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY), it fell by 3.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Gina Rinehart lobs $390 million takeover bid for Atlas Iron Limited (ASX:AGO)
- Australian house prices are still falling
- We’re Hiring!
- Why the Australian dollar is near a 52-week low & could slide further in 2019
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, PUSHPAY FPO NZX, and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Is the CBA (ASX:CBA) share price a buy for the dividend? – March 2, 2021 5:15pm
- ASX 200 slides lower, A2 Milk surges, Gold Road sinks – March 2, 2021 5:06pm
- 2 ASX shares to buy in March 2021 – March 2, 2021 3:02pm