Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.11% to 6,016.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.06% to 6,129.60
- AUD/USD at US 76 cents
- Gold at US$1,299.35 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$76.40 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was Iress Ltd (ASX: IRE), it went up by 8% with Greencape announcing it increased its substantial holding after the market closed yesterday.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- We’re Hiring!
- US Fed Reserve raises interest rate, expects 4 hikes in 2018
- Australian unemployment falls to 5.4%
- Caltex Australia Limited (ASX:CTX) joins Wesfarmers (ASX:WES) on acquisition hunt
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Telstra Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Cochlear Ltd., IRESS Limited, and Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.