Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.51% to 6,023.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.51% to 6,133.10
- AUD/USD at US 76 cents
- Gold at US$1,301.70 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$75.36 a barrel
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- We’re Hiring!
- My favourite investment video
- Shares make better investments than property as Sydney’s house price falls continue
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) share price up 3% after pledging to cut 9% of workforce
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Morgan Stanley reveals some investment trends to watch in 2021 – March 6, 2021 12:00pm
- 2 ASX shares rated as buys by brokers right now – March 6, 2021 11:00am
- Down 32%: Why the Temple & Webster (ASX:TPW) share price could be a buy – March 6, 2021 10:00am