Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.59% to 6,025.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.57% to 6,138.60
- AUD/USD at US 76 cents
- Gold at US$1,294.75 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$76.57 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX), its share price rose by nearly 8% today.
Kogan.Com Ltd (ASX: KGN) went up by almost 7.5% today after announcing it would be going into the whitegoods and built-in kitchen spaces. The share price of Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (ASX: HVN) fell by 2.8% in response.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- We’re Hiring!
- UBS points to 7 signs that housing slowdown could be worse than expected
- Is Livetiles Ltd (ASX:LVT) the best under-the-radar tech stock to buy?
- AVZ Minerals Ltd (ASX:AVZ) share price slammed on infrastructure worries
One of the world’s richest people is sounding the alarm on what could be a trillion-dollar technology.
Everyone is talking about the artificial intelligence revolution.
Harvard Business Review calls it, “the most important general-purpose technology of our era.”
One Google Insider predicts AI, “will be as transformative as the discovery of electricity.” And it already is transforming industry after industry.
After all we have been hearing about AI for years…but it never really lived up to the hype…so what’s finally unlocked this huge tidal wave of innovation?
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of JAPARA DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.