Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.58% to 6,050.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.60% to 6,136.70
- AUD/USD at US 75 cents
- Gold at US$1,310.66 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.53 a barrel
The softening housing market is having a negative effect on Gateway Lifestyle Group (ASX: GTY) with the retirement village operator taking longer to settle property sales, investors sent the share price down 9% in response.
Annuity provider Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF) was another company to make a presentation to investors today, its share price rose 4% by the end of trade.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Woolworths Group Ltd reports quarterly sales grow by 4%
- Why Fairfax Media Limited is a top share market gainer today
- Why the Amcor Limited share price took a hit today
- Top stock picks for May
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of BWX Limited, Challenger Limited, InvoCare Limited, and Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended BWX Limited and Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended ARB Limited and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm