Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.01% to 5,841.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.02% to 5,934.30
- AUD/USD at US 78 cents
- Gold at US$1,346.98 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.70 a barrel
The worst performer in the ASX200 today was AMP Limited (ASX: AMP) with the financial services company dropping by 4.52% due to revelations from the Royal Commission.
Platinum Asset Management Limited (ASX: PTM) dropped by 3.4% today, a week ago the fund manager revealed its funds under management (FUM) had dropped by nearly $500 million from February to March.
Finally, travel company Webjet Limited (ASX: WEB) went up 3.31% today after it confirmed that its earnings guidance remains unchanged.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Citigroup just upgraded this small cap stock to a “buy” on an expected share buyback
- Why WAM Capital Limited bought more Wealth Defender Equities Ltd shares
- Why Sigma Healthcare Ltd shares are underperforming the market
The richest man in the world has just launched a $100 million investment fund and investors who don't take note could miss out on a massive opportunity.
And it isn't by sheer luck. He did it by looking to the future and investing in the big ideas of tomorrow.
This could be your chance to get in on the ground floor!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium, Emerchants Limited, Platinum Investment Management Limited, and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.