Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 1.16% to 5,909.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 1.16% to 6,008.70
- AUD/USD at US 79.3 cents
- Gold at US$1,354.49 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.06 a barrel
The ASX indices have risen strongly today, with the All Ordinaries growing to above 6,000 again.
A lot of companies have reported today, here’s how the market reacted to some of them.
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd (ASX: DMP) dropped a further 7.53% today after investors were not impressed with what the company served up in yesterday’s report.
Gold miner Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) was the biggest beneficiary today of the rising gold price, the share price went up 7.91%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Results in: Are Telstra Corporation Ltd shares a buy?
- Why Suncorp Group Ltd’s profit just dropped 15.8%
- Why the Graincorp Ltd share price is springing back today
- The Mantra Group Ltd share price is down despite record revenue
- ASX Ltd share price up 3.3% on its report and technology news
While conflict overseas is all media talking-heads seem to mention these days, the billionaire founder of Tesla is losing sleep over what he sees as a far bigger threat.
Elon Musk Warns: This has “vastly more risk than North Korea”
If you missed your opportunity to get in on Google, Microsoft, or Amazon in their early days, don't let it happen again. This emerging technology trend could offer a second chance for anyone who wishes they took part in these millionaire-maker stocks.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of HEALTHSCPE DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended IPH Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.