Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.25% to 5,841.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.29% to 5,940.00
- AUD/USD at US 78.8 cents
- Gold at US$1,335.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.84 a barrel
The ASX indices have given up yesterday’s gains. A lot of companies have reported today, here’s how the market reacted to some of them.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- The Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. share price is down 8% on lukewarm results
- Why the CSL Limited share price is up 5% as profits jump 35%
- Why Warren Buffett’s bet on Insurance Australia Group Ltd is looking good
- Why Woodside Petroleum Limited is launching a $2.5 billion growth spree
- Aveo Group share price up 3% on its report
While conflict overseas is all media talking-heads seem to mention these days, the billionaire founder of Tesla is losing sleep over what he sees as a far bigger threat.
Elon Musk Warns: This has “vastly more risk than North Korea”
If you missed your opportunity to get in on Google, Microsoft, or Amazon in their early days, don't let it happen again. This emerging technology trend could offer a second chance for anyone who wishes they took part in these millionaire-maker stocks.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Insurance Australia Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Computershare. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.