Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.87% to 6,022.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.85% to 6,135.30
- AUD/USD at US 80.7 cents
- Gold at US$1,336.54 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.96 a barrel
The ASX indices have declined by today, with the ASX200 close to going under 6,000.
The biggest rise in the ASX200 today came from Fletcher Building Limited (ASX: FBU), it rose by 3.55% on no news.
InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC) rose by 2.36% today on no news, investors must have seen value in the share price and jumped on it.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is Sirtex Medical Limited about to make a major acquisition?
- Why the Navitas Limited share price has fallen 7% today
- Credit Corp Group Limited share price is down 6.3% on half-year report
- Newcrest Mining Limited shares tumble lower
- 2 key dangers for SMSF investors
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended G8 Education Limited and LIVETILES FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ASX 200 finishes flat, A2 Milk shares drop 10% – September 28, 2020 4:24pm
- I think it’s time to jump on the A2 Milk (ASX:A2M) share price – September 28, 2020 3:38pm
- I’d buy MFF Capital (ASX:MFF) shares this week – September 28, 2020 11:27am