Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.87% to 6,022.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.85% to 6,135.30
- AUD/USD at US 80.7 cents
- Gold at US$1,336.54 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.96 a barrel
The ASX indices have declined by today, with the ASX200 close to going under 6,000.
The biggest rise in the ASX200 today came from Fletcher Building Limited (ASX: FBU), it rose by 3.55% on no news.
InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC) rose by 2.36% today on no news, investors must have seen value in the share price and jumped on it.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is Sirtex Medical Limited about to make a major acquisition?
- Why the Navitas Limited share price has fallen 7% today
- Credit Corp Group Limited share price is down 6.3% on half-year report
- Newcrest Mining Limited shares tumble lower
- 2 key dangers for SMSF investors
While conflict overseas is all media talking-heads seem to mention these days, the billionaire founder of Tesla is losing sleep over what he sees as a far bigger threat.
Elon Musk Warns: This has “vastly more risk than North Korea”
If you missed your opportunity to get in on Google, Microsoft, or Amazon in their early days, don't let it happen again. This emerging technology trend could offer a second chance for anyone who wishes they took part in these millionaire-maker stocks.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended G8 Education Limited and LIVETILES FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.