Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.2%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.2%
- AUD/USD at US 76.47 cents
- Gold at US$1,268 an ounce, down 0.85%
- Oil at US$52.76 a barrel, up 1.1%
Earlier today ResMed announced first-quarter revenue of $524 million, up 11%, and profit of $0.66 per share.
Mining and minerals business South32 did not announce any material news to the market.
However, Macquarie, Australia’s largest investment bank, released its half-year financial report showing an 8% increase in dividends and revenue up 3%.
On the other side of the ledger, shares of Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) finished 5.55% lower following the airline’s annual general meeting.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Why the Macquarie Group Ltd share price just hit a record high
- Why I think Reece Ltd is a buy at this share price
- Here are 3 of my favourite healthcare shares
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and Blackmores Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm