Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.2%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.2%
- AUD/USD at US 78.25 cents
- Gold at US$1,280 an ounce, down 0.7%
- Oil at US$51.84 a barrel, up 0.6%
Amongst the best-performing shares during Monday’s session were Ramsay Healthcare Limited (ASX: RHC), the private hospital operator, which rose 2%. a2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) continued its rise, increasing 1.7%.
Today’s increase takes a2 Milk’s 2017 share price rise to over 255%.
On the other side of the ledger, shares of telco company Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC) fell 0.4% following a presentation by management. The company has made the decision to sell some of its key assets, such as its New Zealand-based businesses and its data centres.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Is this the “Magic Formula” to investing in ASX shares?
- This obvious “secret” ASX share investing strategy
- Why Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. is under attack from short sellers
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Owen Raszkiewicz has no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
Follow Owen on Twitter @OwenRask.
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and Vocus Communications Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm