Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.2%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 78.46 cents
- Gold at US$1,294 an ounce, up 0.6%
- Oil at US$51.59 a barrel, down 1.3%
Amongst the best-performing shares during Friday’s session were Lend Lease Group (ASX: LLC), which rose 2.3%, and APA Group (ASX: APA), which jumped 2.1%. However, neither company released any material news to the market.
Further down the market, shares of Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC) continued to rally, up 7%, to over $2.81. The telecommunications company was recently subject to two failed takeovers, but its share price has since rallied beyond the proposed offer prices. With the traded volume up strongly today, someone big might be buying shares in the embattled telco company.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Question: How many ASX shares should I buy?
- Here’s what one of Australia’s best small cap investors is buying
- Why I think Netcomm Wireless Ltd has great growth prospects
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited and Vocus Communications Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm