Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.6%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.6%
- AUD/USD at US 77.82 cents
- Gold at US$1,286 an ounce, up 0.9%
- Oil at US$50.91 a barrel, up 2.7%
Amongst the best-performing shares during Wednesday’s session was Brambles Limited (ASX: BXB), the global supply chain and logistics business, which rose 2.6%.
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Group Ltd (ASX: FPH) and Aristocrat Leisure Group (ASX: ALL) rose 2.2% and 2.6%, respectively. Shares of Fisher & Paykel and Aristocrat have risen an impressive 45% in 2017.
Further down the market, shares of vitamins business Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) continued their stellar run, rising 6.2%, despite no news. Meanwhile, Platinum Asset Management Limited (ASX: PTM) shares rose 5% following a bounce in the company’s Funds Under Management (FUM) in September.
At the other end of the ASX’s performance tables, shares of Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) fell 1.8%.
In the mid-cap space, Automotive Holdings Group Ltd (ASX: AHG) fell 3%.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Top broker says Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd shares are a buy
- Here’s why National Australia Bank Ltd. is one of my favourites
- Why I think Nextdc Ltd shares are a strong buy
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Owen Raszkiewicz owns shares of Platinum Asset Management.
You can follow Owen on Twitter @OwenRask.
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Blackmores Limited, National Australia Bank Limited, and Platinum Investment Management Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm