Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.1%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 78.70 cents
- Gold at US$1,297 an ounce, down 1.1%
- Oil at US$52.09 a barrel, down 0.25%
Fortescue, Australia’s third-largest iron ore mining company, did not announce any material news to the market but released its CISA presentation. In addition, iron ore prices rose strongly overnight after a few days of selling.
Shares of Rio Tinto Limited (ASX: RIO) were also amongst today’s gainers.
Further down the market, shares of Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd (ASX: DMP) rebounded 2.7% while infant formula business a2 Milk Company Australia (ASX: A2M) kept its winning streak alive, rising 2.2%. A2 Milk shares have risen 237% in a year.
Down at the other end of the ASX, shares of QBE Insurance Group Ltd (ASX: QBE) fell 2.8%. Shares in the global insurance business have fallen more than 10% in six weeks.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Why dividend loving investors are in for a rude shock
- Why CSL Limited shares could help you retire early
- 3 dumb investing rules I live by
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm