Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished slightly lower on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.2%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 78.03 cents
- Gold at US$1,227 an ounce, up 0.8%
- Oil at US$46.75 a barrel, up 1.1%
Weighing on the market were shares of Medibank Private Ltd (ASX: MPL) and TPG Telecom Ltd (ASX: TPM). Health insurer, Medibank, did not release any material news to the market but it has been caught up in the media spotlight in recent days.
Similarly, TPG Telecom shares were sold down 2% despite no company-specific news.
At the other end of the ASX’s performance table, Beach Energy Ltd (AX: BPT) shares rose 6.7%. Meanwhile, blue chip mining companies Santos Ltd (ASX: STO) and South32 Ltd (ASX: S32) did much of the heavy lifting up top, rising 2.7% and 4.7%, respectively.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 3 growth ASX shares on my watchlist today
- Why I’m banking on Iress Ltd shares
- If this star investor is buying TPG Telecom Ltd shares, should you?
- Can you beat the taxman with these 3 ASX shares
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of TPG Telecom Limited and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm