Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.1%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 75.98 cents
- Gold at US$1,245 an ounce, down 0.9%
- Oil at US$43.49 a barrel, up 1.1%
Leading the market lower were shares of the natural gas infrastructure business APA Group (ASX: APA), which fell 2% despite no news.
Further down the market, Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) fell hard after its long-running CEO announced she would leave the vitamins producer to take on the top job at Australia Post.
In the small-cap market, Innate Immunotherapeutics Ltd (ASX: IIL) plummeted 90% after releasing negative results from its Phase 2 trials for a treatment product designed to tackle multiple sclerosis.
At the other side of the performance table was shares of Capilano Honey Ltd (ASX: CZZ). The honey producer jumped 4.6% despite no news.
Finally, the ALS Ltd (ASX: ALQ) share price bounced 8.6% after Credit Suisse analysts released a bullish research report.
Here are today’s top stories:
- How to: Turn $20 a week into $117,815
- Digital currency: Ripple vs. Bitcoin vs. Ethereum
- Shock news sends Blackmores Limited shares sharply lower
- 3 cheap growth shares I would buy today
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Capilano Honey Limited and National Australia Bank Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm