Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): down 0.1%
- DAX (Germany): up 0.2%
- CAC 40 (France): down 0.4%
- Dow Jones (USA): down 0.1%
- NASDAQ (USA): down 0.1%
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: up 0.3%
- All Ordinaries (ASX: XAO) (Index: ^AXAO): up 0.3%
- Australian dollar (A$) (AUDUSD): 75.61 cents
- Gold price: up 0.2%
- Copper: down 0.2%
- WTI Crude Oil: down 2.1%
- Iron ore: up 4.4% to $US68.22 a tonne, according to The Metal Bulletin
The Village Roadshow Ltd (ASX: VRL) share price tumbled more than 8% lower after the leisure and entertainment business reported that its Gold Coast theme parks had been affected by the tragedy at Ardent Leisure Group’s (ASX: AAD) Dreamworld, as well as Cyclone Debbie.
Aconex shares have staged a strong comeback over the past month despite no company-specific news.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Revealed: 10 ASX shares that could get crushed by Amazon
- Up 30% in a month the Aconex Ltd share price is too sexy for its shorts
- 3 shares I’d buy in the ASX50 today
- 4 reasons why smart investors prefer ASX share dividends to term deposits
- Here’s why the Gentrack Group Ltd share price is going nuts in 2017
- These 4 shares are the S&P/ASX 200’s best performers: Should you buy them?
Our experts here at The Motley Fool Australia have just released a fantastic report, detailing 5 dirt cheap shares that you can buy in 2020.
One stock is an Australian internet darling with a rock solid reputation and an exciting new business line that promises years (or even decades) of growth… while trading at an ultra-low price…
Another is a diversified conglomerate trading over 40% off it's high, all while offering a fully franked dividend yield over 3%...
Plus 3 more cheap bets that could position you to profit over the next 12 months!
See for yourself now. Simply click here or the link below to scoop up your FREE copy and discover all 5 shares. But you will want to hurry – this free report is available for a brief time only.
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of ACONEX FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.