The Worleyparsons Limited (ASX: WOR) share price rocketed 32% higher today after the group received a takeover offer from Dar Group. The WOR share price ended the session at $10.65, although a late dive saw the broader market end the day in the red.
Here’s a quick recap:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.2% to 5712 points
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.2% to 5761 points
- AUD/USD at US 76.84 cents
- Iron Ore at US$92.33 a tonne, according to the Metal Bulletin
- Gold at US$1,253.09 an ounce
- Brent oil at US$56.57 a barrel
Worleyparsons wasn’t the only big mover today. Nanosonics Ltd. (ASX: NAN) soared another 3.2% today, following on from yesterday’s strong rally, while the Costa Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: CGC) share price also rallied 4.4%.
Gold mining pair St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) and Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) were both unlucky as well, sliding 11.2% and 6.5% respectively. Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST) and Newcrest Mining Limited (ASX: NCM) shed 5% and 4% as well in response to a slip in the gold price.
Here are Tuesday’s top stories:
- Invest like Buffet
- This Could Seriously Torpedo The Telstra Share Price
- CRUSHED: Why the Spotless Group Holdings Ltd share price was smashed today
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Ryan Newman has no position in any stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Nanosonics Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): 6 charts every Australian needs to see – April 6, 2020 1:46pm
- Innovation through crisis – April 2, 2020 11:48am
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Why Is Italy’s Fatality Rate So Bad? – March 26, 2020 3:39pm