Local shares ended the day at a one-month low as the market continues to lack direction on the back of mixed economic data over inflation and gross domestic product growth.
Here’s a quick recap:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.8% at 5278 points
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.8% to 5354 points
- AUD/USD down 0.4% at US 72.3 cents
- Iron Ore at US$49.80 a tonne
- Gold at US$1,217 an ounce
- Brent oil at US$49.01 a barrel
Motley Fool contributor Tom Richardson has no position in any stocks mentioned.
You can find Tom on Twitter @tommyr345
The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- On a serendipitous day, Tom Richardson is leaving the building – December 17, 2019 11:55am
- Why Aerometrex shares have doubled their IPO price – December 16, 2019 4:32pm
- Why the National Veterinary Care share price is going nuts today – December 16, 2019 3:39pm