Shares in global packaging group Amcor Limited (ASX: AMC) have performed strongly over the last month or so, having jumped from a low of $9.95 to as high as $10.61 last week. They have since retracted slightly to $10.36, giving you a fantastic opportunity to buy.
Here are three reasons Amcor should to be in your portfolio:
- Amcor is one of Australia’s largest and strongest companies with a market capitalisation of $12.6 billion. The stock is far less susceptible to volatility than smaller companies and would help form a solid foundation for your portfolio, it also offers a 3.8% dividend yield.
- Having demerged from its Australasian and Packing Distribution Group Orora Ltd (ASX: ORA) last year, Amcor can increase its focus on operations in emerging economies that possess greater growth potential. It increased sales in China by 18% in the six months ending 31 December 2013.
- The Australian dollar is still well above its historical highs at around US93c. As the dollar drops, Amcor will continue to benefit.
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Ryan Newman does not own shares in any of the companies mentioned.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): 6 charts every Australian needs to see – April 6, 2020 1:46pm
- Innovation through crisis – April 2, 2020 11:48am
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Why Is Italy’s Fatality Rate So Bad? – March 26, 2020 3:39pm