The S&P / ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) has recovered some of yesterday's dip, adding 0.3% to finish at 5,430.9. The small move perhaps indicates some nervousness as the US Federal Reserve meeting winds up today (tonight our time), with most observers expecting the bond buying program to continue and tapering to start sometime next year.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- Transpacific Industries Group (ASX: TPI) added 4.8% to $1.09
- Sundance Resources (ASX: SDL) also added 4.8% to finish at 11 cents
- Beach Energy (ASX: BPT) rose 3.7% to $1.39
- Wotif.com Holdings (ASX: WTF) saw a gain of 3.7% to $4.47
- JB Hi-Fi (ASX: JBH) increased 3.7% to $21.29
These stocks were the losers on the day.